The Macho Minute is about my dog Macho, a chihuahua I rescued in January of 2010. Macho was rescued from a house in Dearborn, MI where 100+ other Chihuahuas were found alive and another 150+ were found dead amongst garbage piled from floor to ceiling. Due to these living conditions, Macho is very timid at all times. I created the Macho Minute to share Macho's stories and progress, as well as my joy of rescuing a dog who needs extra love and care.



Friday, February 4, 2011

A Stylish Blogger Award for Macho!


Last week (sorry, I've been a slacker!) Casper from Casper Bear "Life of a Chocolate Lab" gave the Macho Minute an award! We are totally excited, especially because we love Casper's blog as well! The award is called the Stylish Blogger Award, and since it was given to us, we have to give 7 facts about us. Here they are:
  1. We don't know how old Macho is, but based on health, he is probably 4 or 5.
  2. Macho's favorite treat is a Bully Stick. No one knows what these are, and we didn't know about them until our trainer recommended them. They are sticks that come in all sizes and they are stinky. But apparently all dogs LOVE them. Macho loves a good Bully Stick and will chew on it for a really long time.
  3. We have only heard Macho bark twice since we have had him. The first time was when another dog tried to steal a treat of his and the second time was when another dog tried to come into his cage while he was in it.
  4. Our lease is up in April and we are looking to buy a new home. I am curious to see how well Macho will adjust to a new home, and especially curious to see what happens if we let him outside in a fenced in yard since he has never experienced that much freedom.
  5. Macho is going to the vet to have his teeth cleaned a week from today, and I am terrified! I hope it all goes well and that the vet bill isn't $500!
  6. Macho doesn't know how to play and completely ignores all the toys we bought him. Anyone know how to get a dog to understand how to play?
  7. One of my favorite things is when I come home from work. When I am unlocking the door, I can hear Macho crying inside. Once I am inside he walks around crying while I take my coat and shoes off, put down my purse and laptop, and then slip into some sweatpants. Macho will just walk around crying the entire time. Some may think that this is sad, but it's because he is patiently waiting for me to sit on the couch with him. The second I sit on that certain spot of the couch, Macho literally sprints over to the couch and hops up on it like a deer jumping a fence just to sit next to me. It's a great feeling cause I missed him too :)
Another thing we have to do for this award is to give it to 15 other bloggers that we think deserve the Stylish Blogger Award. It seems like a lot of blogs that I like to follow already have this award, so I am just going to give it to 5 blogs that I like to follow that haven't received the award yet. We won't be mad if you don't want to do all this stuff just because we gave you the award though!
  1. This is My Place- We love reading about Cyndie's chihuahuas, especially Big Mike who kind of looks like Macho!
  2. Posh Pooch Designs Dog Clothes- This is definitely a Stylish blog that we love reading! Those chihuahuas in clothing are the cutest!
  3. Chihuahua Dog Spot- If you want to see the cutest chihuahuas ever, check out this one!
  4. Dog Foster Mom- We love Ziggy and wish we could adopt him!
  5. Amazing Animal Lovers Blog- Not only do we get to see cute pups here, we get to see cute babies! We just saw that Deborah got this award a few days ago, but since I was so slow to post, I'm giving it to her again.
If you're listed above and want to participate, all you have to do is post a blog entry that links back to The Macho Minute, give 7 facts about yourself, give the award out to other blogs you think deserve the award, and then let them know that you gave it to them.

In other news, it's been very cold here in Michigan, and I think Macho knows it. He has been cuddling up with us all the time. Today when I left for work it was a heat wave at 9 degrees :) Hopefully it warms up soon. We hope everyone else is staying warm and dry, and that all the pooches don't get too cold when they go out to do their business!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for Macho!! We love that you miss your Mama while she is gone. Good luck on your teeth cleaning :)

Pauley James & Middy Sue

Oskar said...

Congrautlations on your award. We agree that this Michigan weather sucks!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Congrats on your award fellow Michigander!!!

FYI: "bully sticks" are cow testicles....yes...you read that correctly...cow testicles....my dietitian/friend told me that when she first got her puggle.
Bet you will never look at them the same way again huh? I am not joking!!!
((((hugs))))

Nicole and Macho said...

haha, wow, cow testicles. I guess the name "bully" stick makes sense now :)

I will probably giggle next time I'm at the pet store digging in a jar full of them to find the right one for Macho!

Dog Foster Mom said...

Thanks so much for the award!! I am a huge slacker but will definitely post it as soon as I get a chance. :-) I loved reading more about Macho. As for teaching him how to play with toys, my only advice is to just keep trying to engage him with them... and think of it this way - you can save a lot on your toy budget if he never becomes a big fan of toys. :-)

Cyndie said...

Thanks Macho and Nicole for the award! Really a surprise. Took a few days but I did the requisites and passed it on. Fun stuff!

Paige, Dexter and Violet said...

Nicole, I came across your blog from PBU. Wow, you are an amazing woman for saving little Macho from such horrible conditions. We are new followers and will continue to follow Macho's story. Dexter invites you to check out his blog as well if you're interested.
http://dexterdiary.blogspot.com/

xoxo Paige and Dexter

Nicole and Macho said...

Thanks, Paige! I will definitely check out and follow your blog :)