The Macho Minute is about my dog Macho, a chihuahua I rescued in January of 2010. Macho was rescued from a house in Dearborn, MI where 100+ other Chihuahuas were found alive and another 150+ were found dead amongst garbage piled from floor to ceiling. Due to these living conditions, Macho is very timid at all times. I created the Macho Minute to share Macho's stories and progress, as well as my joy of rescuing a dog who needs extra love and care.



Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Bed Hog Named Macho


Everyone laughs at me when I tell them that I sometimes sleep on the couch because Macho is taking up the whole bed. They say that he is a 15 pound chihuahua, how much room can he take up? This picture is proof that Macho is a bed hog. I got out of the shower one morning this week to find Macho taking up the entire bed, leaving Nick about 6 inches of bed to lay on. It's not so bad when I'm sleeping alone because I just move to the other side of the bed. But it's the worst when Nick isn't traveling for work, and I have to sleep on the couch because there's no other side of the bed to lay on. Sorry the picture is so dark, but I didn't want to turn the flash on and wake them up :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I know the feeling, our kitties are HUGE bed hogs :)

Oskar said...

Yep, I take up most of the bed too. Really it's our right as dogs, BOL!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

the cutest thing was when you said you "didn't want to turn on the flash to wake them up" only a pet lover would completely understand that! xoxo

The Daily Pip said...

Nice work, Macho!

Your pal,Pip