The Macho Minute is about my dog Macho, a chihuahua I rescued in January of 2010. Macho was rescued from a house in Dearborn, MI where 100+ other Chihuahuas were found alive and another 150+ were found dead amongst garbage piled from floor to ceiling. Due to these living conditions, Macho is very timid at all times. I created the Macho Minute to share Macho's stories and progress, as well as my joy of rescuing a dog who needs extra love and care.



Friday, December 2, 2011

Macho's Snow Experience

We finally got a little bit of snowfall here in Michigan this week! It has been very warm, and then all of the sudden I woke up on Wednesday and there was a tiny bit of snow on the ground. Macho has never seen snow, so I was really excited to see how it went. I was always afraid to take him out in the snow when we lived on a very busy road just in case he freaked out and got loose. However, it wasn't a very exciting experience!



Since it had rained the night before, the snow was kind of frozen and crunchy. Macho ran out of the door really fast, and then was surprised when the snow was on the deck and the grass. He almost immediately stopped and was walking very curiously on the crunching snow. He wouldn't run around and play, he was just kind of standing there and would walk a few feet every once in a while. I guess I will just have to wait until there is a lot of snow to see how much fun he has!


Also, do you like his sweater? Because I made it! Thankfully I finished knitting it on Monday because he definitely needed it only a few days later. He wears it outside, but once he is inside, he doesn't love wearing it. He will sneak it off while I am not looking :)

6 comments:

Road Dog Tales said...

We're thinking maybe Macho would prefer the Bahamas for the winter :) LOVE the sweater!!!

The Road Dogs

HoundDogMom said...

Love the sweater, but we thinks Macho might not be into the snow so much. I know my brothers chihuahua would curl up in the heating blanket all day long in Illinois. The funny thing is he lives in Texas know and still needs his "dog snuggie" and a heating blanket. Have a great day. Sniffs, The HoundDogs

The Daily Pip said...

That's a great sweater! Poor Macho doesn't look thrilled with the snow!

Your pal, Pip

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

How adorable!!!!

When we get more snow you should bring Macho over to run in our courtyard with Dakota! We even have a Chihuahua who lives across the hall from us!

You are sooo talented! I love that sweater!

Nicole and Macho said...

Thanks everyone for the sweater comments! We got about 2-3 inches of snow overnight last night, and Macho didn't enjoy it again this morning. He just walked really funny in it.

@ Caren- I will definitely bring Macho over to play in the snow with Dakota! Maybe he would like it if he had someone to play with in it.

Unknown said...

Great job on the sweater; Macho looks adorable! Surprisingly,even though Pauley hates cold weather, if it snows, he is a crazed playing machine.