The Macho Minute is about my dog Macho, a chihuahua I rescued in January of 2010. Macho was rescued from a house in Dearborn, MI where 100+ other Chihuahuas were found alive and another 150+ were found dead amongst garbage piled from floor to ceiling. Due to these living conditions, Macho is very timid at all times. I created the Macho Minute to share Macho's stories and progress, as well as my joy of rescuing a dog who needs extra love and care.



Monday, November 8, 2010

Little Dog, Big Little Bed

How is it that such a small dog takes up so much of the bed? This is how Macho sleeps every night, curled up in a ball between both of us. Can you imagine two normal sized people on each side of him? Sometimes I don't even have covers because he balls them up underneath him! I feel like I should not have to buy a bigger bed just because a 15 pound dog started sleeping on it. He should be concerned about my comfort :)


Other than that, Macho is still doing great. I think he knows that it is getting colder outside because he likes to cuddle a lot more during the day and at night now. He's starting to seem like such a normal pup, I love it! I can't wait until it snows and I can take him outside since I don't think he has ever seen snow before. I have been taking knitting classes to learn how to knit (especially since Sara at Posh Pooch Designs sent me a pattern to make Macho a hat!). I'm excited not only to make the hat, but also a little sweater for those cold winter days. I'm not sure how Macho will like wearing clothing, but right now I'm more worried about actually making the hat and sweater before winter is over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's sooo funny how dogs stretch out on the couch or bed and people get all scrunched up so the dog will be comfy!! Better be careful so he doesn't ruin your love life! :) Hey maybe Macho needs his own blanky?
AJ

Oskar said...

Yep, even though I am a smallish dog, a miniature schnauzer, my people say I take up most of the bed. I have to be comfy, right?

Nubbin wiggles,
oskar